Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 11 - MMP Update #2

          Since the last MMP update, I decided to focus on creating the detailed implementation/lesson plan and accompanying rubric, which was an activity I had for next week. I was feeling overwhelmed by the potential tutorial videos available, so I retraced the learning standards from the NJ Curriculum and ISTE standards for Students and Educators to the class outline I created to date. 

View my detailed update here: MMP Update # 2
           This helped me narrow my focus on the tools that I can use during the course. I pushed back the tasks of updating the tutorial tools to this week. Going forward, I will complete the detailed learning curriculum and rubric and the updates to the course site.

           The online communities provided insights about tools and frameworks for implementing technology tools. Some users provided links to online forums where various educators presented on an online conference about education technology. Some presentations included how to use media to improve literacy and engage students. For example, a really good article downloaded from TeachThought was “Are you teaching content or are you teaching thought” (July 2016,). This article helped me focus less on the volume of content and video examples, and more on facilitation techniques.
           When I shared the name of a specific tool I was planning to use for the course, I received more immediate feedback.  However, it wasn’t in the form of comments, rather a “like” statistic.

            I would like feedback about whether the course duration of six weeks is sufficient to help students create a media presentation after three weeks of research.  Also, would be appreciative of recommendations for a collaboration app that allows for the posting of images, videos or free-form drawing, typing, etc. 

https://sites.google.com/view/community-connections/home



No comments:

Post a Comment